Call for Papers
Open access statement
Open Access Overview
International Journal of Research in engineering and Technology (IJREI) is having ISSN 2456-6934 (online), bi-monthly international journal, being published in the months of February, April, June, August, October, December by IJREI, Meerut (U.P.), India since year 2017.
What is Open Access?
By Open Access, we mean the free, immediate, availability on the public Internet of those works which scholars give to the world without expectation of payment permitting any user to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link to the full text of these articles, crawl them for indexing, pass them as data to software or use them for any other lawful purpose.
Why Open Access?
Funders invest in research in order to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, encourage innovation, enrich education, and stimulate the economy to improve the public good. They recognize that broad access to the results of research is an essential component of the research process itself. Research advances only through sharing of results, and the value of an investment in research is only maximized through wide use of its results. Yet, too often, research results are not available to the broadest community of potential users. The Internet provides a new opportunity to bring information to a wider audience at virtually no marginal cost, and allow them to use it in new, innovative ways. This has resulted in a call for new framework to allow research results to be more easily accessed and used a call for Open Access.
Who Benefits from Open Access?
· Increases readers’ ability to find use relevant literature.
· Increases the visibility, readership and impact of author’s works.
· Creates new avenues for discovery in digital environment.
· Enhances interdisciplinary research.
· Accelerates the pace of research, discovery and innovation.
· Contributes to core mission of advancing knowledge.
· Democratizes access across all institutions regardless of size or budget.
· Provides previously unattainable access to community colleges, two-year colleges, K-12 and other schools.
· Provides access to crucial STEM materials.
· Increases competitiveness of academic institutions.
· Enriches the quality of their education.
· Ensures access to all that students need to know, rather what they (or their school) can afford.
· Contributes to a better-educated workforce.